PDA

View Full Version : Multi Accounting?

ParadoxInbound
17-08-2015, 10:26 PM
Hello,

I'm ParadoxInbound (previously Matthewdh25). At one point in the past I attempted to connect to the server and it said I was banned for multi-accounting. The thing is, that's not possible as the only other account I've ever had was given to a friend shortly after it's creation. I don't understand how I could've multi-accounted without another account, and also I don't know what harm it would've done if I had used another account. I hope to get a reply soon.

- ParadoxInbound

P.S.
I would've created an appeal sooner, but I was unable to login to my old account on the site. I resolved this by changing my username to something else, which I had planned on doing anyway.

ToppanaFIN
17-08-2015, 11:50 PM
http://www.thatsnotacreeper.com/content/168-Banned-players-message

That is an automatic if the person who banned you forgot to put a reason. I do not remember you so I can't tell why you were banned..

ParadoxInbound
18-08-2015, 12:16 AM
Well, I suppose I'll have to find out why I was banned in the first place, although I'm not sure exactly why. I hope that someone can explain why I was banned... possibly Mark? I don't know, I just don't remember breaking any rules.

markdf
18-08-2015, 01:43 PM
I dont remember the details but I do remember your name. Bans are rarely reversed.

ParadoxInbound
19-08-2015, 09:57 PM
Okay, so I am asking a few of my friends why I was banned through Skype. I hope one of them remembers, because I know they all played on the server at one point.

Corey3515
20-08-2015, 09:02 AM
Your old name rings a bell for x-Ray... Can't be 100% certain though

ParadoxInbound
28-08-2015, 11:43 PM
Alright, so finally one of my friends on Skype answered me. He was banned before for killing some wolves, not sure exactly what happened. Anyway, he reminded me that I was banned for the reason "Friend of griefer" before it switched to multi accounting. I don't know who this griefer IS, but I don't understand why I should be banned for THEIR actions.

Also, in reply to Corey3515, I know that it cannot be X - Ray as I am not the type of person to install hacks. I will admit my friend forced me to try Nodus at one point, but that was far before I was on Castrovalva. It was also uninstalled the very next day.

Corey3515
29-08-2015, 07:56 AM
Ah ok, sounded a bit familiar, but there's been a lot of people banned :P I'll take back my comment xD

markdf
01-09-2015, 09:38 PM
Standard procedure here is to ban all friends of hackers if they join at the same time. I assume a griefer's friend is going to try and get revenge, not fair if your innocent I guess but its not worth the risk. But there are plenty of other servers out there to join.

ParadoxInbound
10-09-2015, 06:22 AM
I guess it's legitimate if you do that, but I still don't even know who actually hacked or griefed... I should probably just give up on this server, but there isn't many other Doctor Who servers out there that are reliable and don't make you pay money.