PDA

View Full Version : Avdranix Ban Appeal

avdranix
20-01-2016, 11:36 AM
I joined a few days ago, and my ban is for "Bad Language And Stealing"
My "wtf" when all i typed was literally "wtf" was when your rollback took my items, and my free land claim.
My stealing? I assume what you mean by stealing is when I took iron from a furnace that was owned by a guy who's been offline for a YEAR.

Did not curse, he was offline for a year. ONE YEAR. Is it not staff responsibility to remove those? One year and I'm still banned for taking something? Seriously?

And I don't expect to be unbanned, but one of the mods better reply to attempt to justify this.

KlevrKrafter
20-01-2016, 12:55 PM
I'll have a go at replying. Not to appease you, but to relieve my fellow staff members from having to spend their time on this....

1. The rules are clear. No stealing. If you find something that someone else put there, taking it is stealing. The procedure here if you'd like to claim something that looks abandoned, is to ask a staff member to investigate and get permission first. You do not have the authority to do your own investigation and make your own determination that taking stuff is OK. No matter how long a player has been gone, if their stuff is here, it's protected by our policy of no stealing.

2. Typing what you did, even out of frustration and irritation.... is clearly referencing cursing even if you are not literally typing out all the words. That particular series of three letters is almost universally understood to be cursing. This is a PG server. Your frustration may be understandable (though these things do happen at times for reasons that are beyond the control of the staff), but the moment you allowed your frustration to become typed out in chat.... that's where we have a big problem. You are expected to behave with more self control to play here.

3. No staff member on this server has any obligation to justify their actions to you. The staff here work hard to keep this server running smoothly and according to the rules. You were banned for good reasons. We are not responsible for your choices. You chose to do and say what you did without consulting with staff. Even if your confusion as to the rules could explain your actions, your arrogance in assuming you were correct to do so is offensive. I sincerely doubt you have a chance of being unbanned due to your actions and the attitude in which you approach the staff in this appeal.

avdranix
20-01-2016, 03:24 PM
1. I understand there is a policy of no stealing, but it is very hard to find much on your own when the land is stripped and claimed by these people who are gone. (For years be it as it will.)

2. "WTF" is the alternative to cursing, that is why you do not type it out. So that you do not curse.

3. I even stated that I did not expect to be unbanned, but it is honestly nonsense that you would ban someone for using abbreviations to not curse and take items from a year inactive player.

You need to get things straight, no wonder people don't come back

Corey3515
20-01-2016, 03:42 PM
You act like the entire map has been stripped. Trust me, it hasn't.
Additionally, it's an abbreviation of swearing. Not tolerated here.
And it doesn't matter if someone has been gone a day or a year, stealing is stealing here and it will not be tolerated.

- - - - - - - - - -

But fear not, I have a simple solution to all of this!
I imagine the other 1466 banned players managed to find a new server, so I'm sure you can too :D

markdf
20-01-2016, 03:54 PM
My stealing? I assume what you mean by stealing is when I took iron from a furnace that was owned by a guy who's been offline for a YEAR.

And I don't expect to be unbanned, but one of the mods better reply to attempt to justify this.

Admin definition of steal - Taking ANY item that you did not earn, buy, trade or mine for.

If you asked you could have been allowed to take the items, maybe. Did you check if that player was a VIP+++? No I'm sure you didnt, as those players are regarded as PERMANENT, there builds and items stay for as long as the map lasts. VIP+++ know their property is protected forever, even if they never return as thats what we promise when someone becomes a VIP+++

Are you happy with that justification? Not that we have ANY obligation to reply or explain to any banned players, but we do always give a reason as we believe its the right thing to do. The 'wtf' episodeou probably would have got away with a warning, but we dont like thieves here, this is not your average smash & grab pvp server. Now I expect you to 'attempt to justify' your lack of respect to other players property, if you can.

P.S. Your'e playing with the grown-ups on this server, the standard is raised higher than you are probably used to.

KlevrKrafter
20-01-2016, 04:13 PM
1. I understand there is a policy of no stealing, but it is very hard to find much on your own when the land is stripped and claimed by these people who are gone. (For years be it as it will.)

That has to be one of the lamest and most whiny excuses for laziness ever! This is a large map server with sections not even generated yet. You can't bring yourself to pass up stealing from someone... Iron, no less... because it's so hard to go find your own?! That's ridiculous! By the way, all the players here have been new once and managed to find what they needed without stealing. There is NO justification for stealing here. NONE.

- - - - - - - - - -

2. "WTF" is the alternative to cursing, that is why you do not type it out. So that you do not curse.

Lame. It's still cursing. Your intention was to communicate the meaning of those 3 words. Don't whine to us because we got your message.

- - - - - - - - - -

You need to get things straight, no wonder people don't come back

Honestly, your attitude is the main reason this is happening. You had a fit when your work was rolled back. You got lazy and took some stuff that wasn't yours. Now you are throwing another fit and being disrespectful to the staff here. If you'd been humble at all. If you'd explained calmly with respect your confusion about the rules.... If ... if... if... Well. You didn't choose that way of approaching your confusion about being banned. So, this is us... getting things straight.... and trust me... we are good at keeping things straight here.... Banned Forever!

markdf
20-01-2016, 04:20 PM
Banned Forever!

The verdict is in :cool:

StrawberryCrisis
20-01-2016, 06:20 PM
Please go find another server and make sure you don't make the same mistake! :)

DementedSun
21-01-2016, 02:57 AM
I guess a year seems like a long time to kids, but when you're older it goes by just like that *snaps*.

avdranix
21-01-2016, 02:20 PM
I guess you're still adjusting:)

- - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - -

Iron, no less...

If you'd explained calmly with respect your confusion about the rules.... If ... if... if... Well. You didn't choose that way of approaching your confusion about being banned.

Banned Forever!

xD

If iron isn't that much, then why are you so concerned about stealing lol? And is there not a land claim plugin? That protects peoples belongings? I believe that should be enforced, rather than leaving it useless because your ban hammer is stuck up your butt.

I am obviously nor was I ever confused. I think I expressed that very clearly.

Let me restate myself, the banned forever is absolutely pointless as I say again I have no intentions of being unbanned.

- - - - - - - - - -

Please go find another server and make sure you don't make the same mistake! :)

I'm sorry I made the "mistake" of taking items from an unclaimed furnace in an unclaimed area with one chest which has no indication of ownership and very well could have been someone doing the same thing and you didn't notice because he had been offline for a year.

But no, your pointless server doesn't think about that lol, it's all about the little kids, because they relate with the staff.

Corey3515
21-01-2016, 02:35 PM
There's so much salt in this thread it's making me thirsty

ToppanaFIN
21-01-2016, 02:43 PM
ANY FORM OF STEALING IS NOT ACCEPTED IN HERE And yes that is the purpose of the land claim, but the website clearly states that you must ask a staff members confirmation before you can take over any place. And even Royal2800 told you to ask staff first! It does not matter if a person has been offline for a year.. And mark made a very good point, did you check if that player was VIP+++ ? And trust me we will notice if new player steals. You were apparently just too lazy to read the website properly .

markdf
21-01-2016, 04:14 PM
For someone who doesn't want to be unbanned, you appear to making a big deal about it. Here's a hint for future servers you may join..apologise, don't get all defensive as there is no defence for stealing. You might have been given a 2nd chance here (which you signed up for, no one forced you to join), however your attitude let you down. In time you will gain wisdom, grasshopper.

(Alhough full credit for entertaining our players with this thread, we really appreciate the entertainment value)

StrawberryCrisis
21-01-2016, 06:48 PM
There's so much salt in this thread it's making me thirsty
All these flavours and they choose to be salty :p

avdranix
22-01-2016, 03:14 AM
(Alhough full credit for entertaining our players with this thread, we really appreciate the entertainment value)

First its although.

Second, I'm only doing this for the show bud. Do I honestly have to say it again? I'm not expecting to be unbanned! It's honestly very entertaining to watch the staff come up with these justifications for these stupid rules lol

- - - - - - - - - -

ANY FORM OF STEALING IS NOT ACCEPTED IN HERE And yes that is the purpose of the land claim, but the website clearly states that you must ask a staff members confirmation before you can take over any place. And even Royal2800 told you to ask staff first! It does not matter if a person has been offline for a year.. And mark made a very good point, did you check if that player was VIP+++ ? And trust me we will notice if new player steals. You were apparently just too lazy to read the website properly .

Royal2800? You mean when I asked if there were staff online before I was told to ask staff? Not his idea, at all..

- - - - - - - - - -

I love how none of the people I called out reply..

StrawberryCrisis
22-01-2016, 03:45 AM
We are just as entertained by your stupidity and persistence, like Mark said we enjoy a good show. Stop entertaining us with your desperation and go find another server because no one here likes a fool that breaks the rules and then tries to criticize everything and re write the rule book. I hope you learn from your mistakes because on the other servers staff aren't going to put up with your garbage, NEVER JOIN A SERVER IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH THE RULES!

KlevrKrafter
22-01-2016, 05:20 AM
"Royal2800? You mean when I asked if there were staff online before I was told to ask staff? Not his idea, at all.."

Well, bless your sweet little heart! You knew the whole time! Your mamma must be so proud. That little voice in your head that whispered the wise advice about waiting for a staff member should be nurtured. You could go so far with scruples like that! Unfortunately, you ignored it this time. I'm hoping you will make better choices in the future. I wish you the best in your gaming future. Your time here is wasted as you will not be able to convince anyone that you are wiser that the staff here. You aren't hurting our feelings with your insults. No one here is going to tell you that you were right or in any way justified in your actions and choices. You are only upsetting yourself by continuing this conversation. Go tell your friends and have a good laugh about how wronged you feel. You'll get no sympathy here.

markdf
22-01-2016, 06:29 AM
I love how you keep coming back without answering any points made, shows just how immature you are.

markdf
22-01-2016, 06:41 AM
I like how you keep coming back without actually answering the questions, it shows your lack of maturity. I guess you are used to getting your own way all the time, when you grow you will out life does not revolve around you.