PDA

View Full Version : Gandalf_the_Fat Ban appeal.

Gandalf the fat
06-05-2016, 05:24 PM
I had only just got on the server when i was banned. I signed up for an account, not remembering that the email i used had been deleted. After talking to the Admin on the server, i finally remembered. I told this to him, but he only replied with 'nice try', following with me being banned. I even told him my email that is working. Why else would i not have the email? Please read this and consider my side of the story.

Thankyou for your time,
Gandalf_the_Fat

markdf
06-05-2016, 05:31 PM
You created the email account AFTER you tried to register with a fake address. You think you are the first one to try that scam?

<[email protected]>: host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[74.125.129.26] said:
550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please
try 550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or
550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at 550 5.1.1
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6596 k193si15567936iok.152 - gsmtp
(in reply to RCPT TO command)

Gandalf the fat
06-05-2016, 06:34 PM
With no proof, you have accused me of this. Yes, i admit that i tried to register with an account that a had forgotten i had deleted. Think of this. Why else would i be asking for your help to find what had happened to the email? I was legitimately confused about what had happened.

- - - - - - - - - -

Check your emails. That is my final arguement.

markdf
06-05-2016, 08:35 PM
...or you were trying to register with an email account that had never existed. The proof I refer to is in my first reply.

I've been wrong in the past giving others a 2nd chance and they come back to steal and grief. Its up to you to prove I'm doing the right thing by letting you back on.

If my trust in you is not misplaced, you will soon see how we will not tolerate language, offensive comments, stealing, griefing etc. There is no warning system here, undesirables are instantly banned, the server can be quiet at times but we prefer it that way than to lower our standards to get more people on at any cost. 5 years ago this server was run as basicly a private server with just players recommending others they knew, large player numbers has never been our goal and yet the server is fully paid for by donations from the players. I think many big servers would like to get the support we do to fully fund the server, in fact we have enough in credit to run the server for another 2 years. I like to think we must be doing a good job here for this to happen. Players know we have been online for a very long time and are unlikely to disappear overnight like most of them do.

Gandalf the fat
06-05-2016, 10:22 PM
I understand this, and i am willing to start afresh.