PDA

View Full Version : Thief. What a shame, make an appeal to explain

LikableDruid
21-01-2017, 02:56 AM
This is my appeal to you all to return to the server.

I recently returned back to the game and had to update my client to 1.11.2 to come back.
When I tried to connect to the server I was greeted by the message "Thief. What a shame, make an appeal to explain".
After speaking to ToppanaFIN I was informed the ban had been for the theft of the following from chests in the public village:

14 Dark Oak Fences
64 Beetroot Seeds
14 Cactus
06 Saplings

I honestly do not recall taking any items, as anyone that had seen in my TARDIS would know that I had a working farm and village so would not need to steal items.
Would it be possible to make a mends by returning the items listed and extras to help other people?

I don't expect that this appeal will be enough to let you know how sad I am for losing access to the server and my friends gained through the game.
Please do give my request some consideration and feel free to message me in private if you would like to discuss it.

I do miss playing with everyone.

markdf
21-01-2017, 06:30 AM
How can we discuss it if you say you dont remember?

LikableDruid
21-01-2017, 06:39 AM
I may not remember, but there has to be evidence in order to make a ban. That much I know.
But if there was a way to discuss the issue and work out a way to 'return' or 'repay' the items and show that I am willing to try, isn't that worth fighting?
This server has been a friendly place and a great world (although virtual) to escape when the stress of reality got too much.

I've enjoyed being with everyone here and making my little village for people to visit and the tardis to play in, for me, that is worth trying for.
I know anyone here can understand that.

All I'm asking is a chance.

KlevrKrafter
21-01-2017, 07:03 AM
Let's try and refresh your memory. It was sandmine public village. Happened in the little shed next to the garden. That's the first building on the right upon entering through the gate. You took the fence posts from a chest to the left. The rest came from a chest to the right. That chest on the right had 27 transactions from you. Lots of putting things in and taking things out. Had to calculate the list of what you kept. Felt a bit like you spammed the transaction log to hide the few things you kept. The signs at the gate clearly state you cannot use the chests. We won't necessarily ban someone for adding things to a chest there. But clearly, no one should be "using" the chests at all. Remember now?

LikableDruid
21-01-2017, 07:32 AM
Let's try and refresh your memory.

It was sandmine public village.
Happened in the little shed next to the garden. That's the first building on the right upon entering through the gate.

You took the fence posts from a chest to the left.
The rest came from a chest to the right.

That chest on the right had 27 transactions from you.
Lots of putting things in and taking things out.

Had to calculate the list of what you kept. Felt a bit like you spammed the transaction log to hide the few things you kept.
The signs at the gate clearly state you cannot use the chests.

We won't necessarily ban someone for adding things to a chest there. But clearly, no one should be "using" the chests at all.
Remember now?

Actually, that does help a lot. It's been so long I honestly couldn't recall it.
I do remember going around the Sandmine village and admiring the designs there. (Nice work to the builder)

I didn't think looking at the chests was forbidden so my apologies there. All I can remember about the signs (at this point) is about breeding the animals when killing one to keep the numbers up.
I do recall seeing some of the messy items in the chests and unfortunately I kinda end up tidying things away. Just ask Top or Swix, they've seen my Vault. A chest for every item (It's kinda my annoyance).

I already had enough items on me when I got there that I honestly don't recall taking anything. That really wouldn't have been my intention.
However the hut you mention had a few items all over and I remember tidying the chest, I also remember leaving some items of my own for any other players that might come to the village.
I'm the type of person that doesn't mind helping someone else when it comes to items. I usually build places, and sharing what I don't need is something I would always do.

But honest, hand on heart, I would never have taken anything on purpose.
I may have taken the items initially while going to collect other items to add to the chests or got side tracked, but I wouldn't intentionally take anything that I didn't own.

If it still exists, you are more then welcome to go into my Tardis (I believe Top still has access) and take the items back.

MrRockboy222
21-01-2017, 08:07 AM
I was wondering what happened when I saw you banned. If what you are saying is true, than I don't believe there will be a great chance of you being unbanned. You should know that sandmine has strict rules (the massive amount of signs is a give away) and you should be paying best attention while in there.

LikableDruid
21-01-2017, 08:52 AM
I was wondering what happened when I saw you banned.
If what you are saying is true, than I don't believe there will be a great chance of you being unbanned.
You should know that sandmine has strict rules (the massive amount of signs is a give away) and you should be paying best attention while in there.

Thanks MrRockboy222 for noticing I was gone. I'm glad some people still noticed I was there.
Honestly, I really should have taken more time to read the signs. I was too busy taking in the huge scale of the build and the unique design I hadn't thought to read all the signs.
I hope that whoever is going to decide my fate will see that it really was a mistake that I'd never repeat, but if its as bad as you say, then it's been a fun time and I'm glad we had a few chats in game and through the map while I was around.

ToppanaFIN
22-01-2017, 01:40 AM
Well you're in luck ;P You can be my this year's unbanned player.

LikableDruid
22-01-2017, 05:33 AM
https://static1.textcraft.net/data1/c/4/c46cbfa547360409200450c3be951c66ae4aa5d56fe3881ed1 8f66da31d39f2daaf31241c2f96369da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255 bfef95601890afd80709e15e21df7f86d78c311bce9d7673fc de.png

I will do my best to abide by the rules, enjoy the game and most of all, I WILL read ALL the signs I come across.
You all have my greatest thanks for letting me return and I really can't wait to come back and fly the vortex with you all again.

MrRockboy222
22-01-2017, 11:36 PM
I will do my best to abide by the rules, enjoy the game and most of all, I WILL read ALL the signs I come across.
You all have my greatest thanks for letting me return and I really can't wait to come back and fly the vortex with you all again.

Congratulations. I also have just noticed you live in the same country I'm in, so another congratulations :P