PDA

View Full Version : Why am I banned?

AcrylicDragon
12-03-2017, 10:19 PM
To whom it may concern,

I started on this server about a week ago and now I'm banned. The only thing that I can think of that I've done would count as being bannable would be that I found this random beacon and tried destroying some of the blocks to see if I could, and it wasn't protected. I didn't destroy the whole thing, and I wasn't about to because I thought that this is a very friendly server (kudos to the people who put the signs up at the village farms) and I didn't want to ruin someone's work. Most of the blocks had already been collected by the dispensers, and I put those that were in my inventory back on the beacon. I tried to put a sign up explaining what happened, but it was night and I didn't want to die, so I went to a small island in the ocean to the left of the beacon and wrote two sign messages there. Unless someone destroyed them, I'm p-sure they're still up.
Everything else that I've done in the normal world was either harvesting crops, which I all replanted, or mining to get enough money and materials for my tardis. I used to have a claim in which I hollowed out a lot of stone to sell to the shop, but after I got a tardis I decided to relocate to the Adventure world. I have never set my home inside my tardis, and the only thing that I've tried to do in the Tardis that I couldn't was light the giant portal in the back of the master build (because who doesn't want a giant portal for a wall?).
The thing that really upsets me is that I haven't gotten any info on why I was banned, so it's hard for me to know what I did wrong. Even if I stay banned, I think it would be a good idea for y'all to start sending messages to people who get banned, that way they know what they are banned for. All the server will tell me is that I have been banned for griefing.

Thanks for reading this, even though its kinda long,

AcrylicDragon

ToppanaFIN
12-03-2017, 10:38 PM
We have this very simple logic here, If it's not yours.. Do not touch it. You also took 2 of swixen's large chests close to that beacon which you left out from this story.
The reason why we don't send messages to banned people is because most dont care, and we already do more than what most people think about banned people.
But I want to hear why you took those chests as well.

http://i65.tinypic.com/1z6bcqr.png

AcrylicDragon
13-03-2017, 01:34 AM
I'm sorry, they were empty so I assumed that no one was using them. If they had been on the beacon or in a house I wouldn't have taken them, but I needed wood to make chests (cause my base was underground), so when I saw two random ones that no one was using I thought that I could put them to better use. If there had been stuff in them, I wouldn't have taken them. Also, they should have been protected by the plugin, but since they weren't and were empty, I thought that no one was using them and I could take them. I also took a crafting table and a few furnaces that I found around the map; there wasn't anything in the furnaces. I know that sometimes if I need a crafting table, chest, or furnace I'll just make one quickly, put it in the world and then forget about it; I assumed that other people wouldn't mind if I took the items that they had left after using them. Again, if they had been in a house, or somewhere that would make it clear that they were being used, I wouldn't have taken them.

Anyhow, thanks for explaining and I hope this makes sense. If it's really important, you can go inside my tardis and take the chests back, they're on the bottom floor stacked on top of each other. There might also be some (as drops) in one of the chests, along with the furnaces (some of which I crafted myself). The only thing I ask is that you put the stuff that was in the chests you take back in one of the other chests.

Sorry for the really long post (again), and thanks for getting back to me,

-AcrylicDragon

ToppanaFIN
13-03-2017, 02:23 AM
I see your thinking.. but can you go with the rule If it's not yours, do not touch it? If so, you can return. But I do want you to take those furnaces etc back :)

AcrylicDragon
13-03-2017, 02:29 AM
Absolutely, I did read the rules, I just didn't understand that they were that specific. I'll be more careful in the future. I'm also curious, why wasn't the chest protected? I thought that every one you placed was automatically logged, and then only you could destroy them and un-log them.

ToppanaFIN
13-03-2017, 02:33 AM
That's true. But there are cases when some people want to unlock them, for example swixen put those chests there to collect items of someone who died and unlocked them.

AcrylicDragon
13-03-2017, 02:47 AM
K, that makes sense, thanks!