Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1.9

Everything's been a little quiet lately, so I thought I'd try and kick things off :P

So! What's everyone's plans for 1.9? This can include build plans, MCMMO plans and the like! Basically whatever you're going to get up to with the update :P

I hope to have a more remote, compact area. I will likely move most of my buildings if I can find the right area for each of them. I have a new method of mining that I plan to use. Basically, I can't wait to get started.

Yep yep, pretty much find a good spot for buildings and rebuild everything first. After that I think I'll grind few combat skills..I want my archery back to 1k hehe. But yeah, thats about it.
    Allons-y!

Builds wont be moved over for a few days after the 1.9 upgrade. I suggest everyone has a supply of food etc in their tardis, as I'll to busy taking part in the 'Great Land Grab of V6' like everyone else. I'll be to busy running and boating away from spawn as fast as possible to claim a good area to build on. I suppose I should put some supplies in my tardis to be ready...and I need to test the PS plugin some more.
    If you're my friend, follow me around the bend.

I should really do what Mark is. I plan on finding somewhere really cool to build something, or to eventually move something over to. Hopefully an awesome mountain like the one I'm going to claim here soon, if I ever get back to it

The random port sign which takes players from spawn to the survival world sends players to a random location up to 512 blocks from the world spawn on the survival world. I'm going to change this to 256 blocks soon. After the reset the worst place to build will be within (or near that range) as most thieves and griefers will head to the closest player base they find. After the reset just head in any direction far away from spawn.

I plan on traveling around and reserving a few areas for some cool builds. Not entirely sure what I want to build yet, but I still want to do my idea of little half-way shacks with supplies in them for new players to find. Maybe make a few hidden in mountain sides and such. Also think I'll do a recreation of my own house in real life. That should be fun :P.

So I may be missing something here, but. If your artron capacitor turns off every time you log out, and the only way to turn it on is by being inside of the Tardis and clicking the button, how will we be able to call our Tardises in the new map?

Also I plan on building a sweet palace out of packed ice and prismarine brick. It's gonna be pretty slick.

I think you need a Tardis remote key.

http://eccentricdevotion.github.io/T...emote-key.html

Nope Remote key works on door deadlocking and hiding/rebuilding the tardis. You need Stattenheim Remote Control to turn your artron capacitor online (/tardisrecipe remote). I recommend carrying one of these in your inventory all the time :P Right click air with it to turn it on and right clicl ground to call the tardis to you.
    Allons-y!

Well, I was right about the 'remote' bit. Is like when you can find 15 remotes in your house but not the one you actually need?

Hehe :P
    Allons-y!

So the items you have on your character will transfer over?

They should, but if you park you Tardis in spawn with everything you need for the first few days might be the safest option. IE food, boats and whatever you need to explore and claim your new land, still haven't decided on what plugin to use (what works for 1/9) for land claiming/protection yet.

I wondered why my Tardis was always off when I logged back in. When did that change occur? Since we used to be able to leave it on, which is what I did .