Thread: PVP enabled?

PVP enabled?

With the next major release of minecraft all about PVP it seems a pity that we may not be able to fully use the new features. Enabling PVP like we used to may not be a great idea as many of us remember how that didn't always work out so well. For those that have not been around for at least a year; PVP was allowed only if the other person agreed, players to sort out their own terms of PVP. However it still caused problems because of all the petty arguments it caused, 'you cheated', 'you started when I wasnt ready', 'player x wouldn't return my sword' and other very annoying behaviour. As result PvP was disabled except for the Arena. Some players were just obnoxious with their constant mouthing off about how there were the greatest PVP player to ever exist.

Couple of points to consider;
    • Previous behaviour when PVP was enabled will NOT be tolerated.
    • Fact: Majority of new Builder1 players get banned for stealing, would you trust them with a sword near you?
    • This server will never be a PVP steal & raid server.
    • Any suggestions that create extra work for Admins will NOT be considered.

If you want PVP then tell me how it could work..I have an idea how it could work, but I want to hear suggestions (for and against) first.
    MC-PVP_5771102_lrg.jpg
    If you're my friend, follow me around the bend.

This seems like an intresting idea..I didnt get a chance to be in here when pvp was enabled so thats why I am saying that. Tough you do have a good point mark.("You cheated etc.") This would make people (at least me) think a bit before helping Builder1's (You can't trust someone who hasnt even made a tardis yet). But we could give it a shot of course and see how it goes now than something new is coming to 1.9 ?
    Edit Like Cheddar said, Safe zones. I like the sound of that. There is not much to do when it comes to controlling pvp..unless half of the world could be pvp and the other half non-pvp. But people would not like that because they are scattered across the map randomly. It would require map reset and I think that was out of the question. But hey now people cannot pick up others stuff unless /unlockdrops so that sorts out "Player XX didnt give me my items back!". I am not so sure..I would also like to hear your thoughts people!
    Last edited by ToppanaFIN; 05-05-2015 at 07:20 PM.
    Allons-y!

I do like the idea of a server that is fully PVP but as you have said it does have issues and it does take away from the fun of the PVP, if it was to happen I think there would have to be strict guidlines setting out when pvp is OK to happen, and also that if you lose your stuff the other pseron does not actually have to gibe stuff back etc would make things a lot more enjoyable, maybe a couple of safe zones too, (if it was to happen i would probably deadlock my tardis and hide in there forever xD.)

I like the idea of safe zones that might work.
    Allons-y!

here is a plugin that could do it

http://www.curse.com/bukkit-plugins/minecraft/pvptoggle

allows players to pick if they r in pvp or not

Part of the description of this plugin is close to what I have in mind, but without using this plugin. Just waiting to discuss with Jay what he thinks of my idea.

I could've sworn the server had some kind of "PVP toggle" waaay back... I dunno it might just be me.

Anywhoo I do like the idea of having "safe zones", but, I think everyone should have the option to toggle pvp on their OWN land claim/world-guard region, similar to protection from griefing.
    Lets say almost everyone's little red area is protected from pvp; that means any unprotected area will have pvp enabled, to give it more of a challenge.
    kinda like real life, once you go out of the comfort of your own home, you're asking for it!
    But hey, all things considered, this could turn out just like it did before all over again...
    Last edited by asplinduh; 06-05-2015 at 01:18 PM.
    -asp

I agree. I like the idea of having PVP. But of course there are abusers who don't always follow the rules.
    If you need any help just ask me, I don't bite!
    - Mr_Boss_Man

Claimed areas will always have pvp disabled, ie always safe on your own land. There will be another world when 1.9 is released, the only way to travel there will be with your tardis. PVP will probably be enabled on that world.

10. Everyone loves to Help a Builder 1 get his or her Tardis ok maybe not everyone not me I believe in putting the time into gathering the materials for one self. But we do have some helpful people that like to help others. Shouldn't the new person have to put some time in on our server before being able to travel to the new World? Maybe Builder 2 or Higher can travel there. I think it would be a goal for people to reach. But on the other hand it seems that kids get bored so easily and all they want to do is kill(pvp) lol and they won't put the time into the server or game to advance to Builder 2. Got to look at what problems it may cause down the road and these are the questions we have to ask ourselves.

I think builder2 before someone can travel to the new world is a good idea, if someone can wait that long before then they probably wont be as annoying with pvp and many new builders would be.