Thread: Banned for something not against the rules ?

Question Banned for something not against the rules ?

I first joined about two or so years ago, played with friends, had a good time, made an account on the forums properly joined, had more fun with friends ect. Then I kind of left.. I logged on today 2 or so years later and find im back down to guest, so before I re-make an account I talk to someone in the chat. I was messing around and trying to find what the chat filter changes things to and stuff, then the other guy asked me to stop, so I did. Then A bit later I try log on and im banned for "Irritating attitude, go and test chat filters somewhere else". What? Testing the filter isnt even against the rules. I stopped when he asked me to. This is a completely unfair ban.

More likely to be because of annoying spam

Didn't quite understand the ban, this is what happens when you can't get to sleep :P
    Last edited by MrRockboy222; 24-12-2016 at 11:40 PM.
    We have an unbreakable spirit to win. A bulldog tenacity that will help us to hang on while there's breath left in our bodies. You don't get that with Gestapos and jackboots. You get that by being British. So come on, Adolf. We're ready for you

Angry

"Testing the chat filter" All I was doing was seeing what was what. All I typed in was idk ik idc u in chat to see if any of those got filtered. You toss off.

Excuse me if I sound stupid here, but with that attitude I find it rather unlikely that you'll get unbanned.
    SwixCo© is a RockCo© company. All rights reserved.

Sorry, I thought you were actually saying profanity. My best apologises
    We have an unbreakable spirit to win. A bulldog tenacity that will help us to hang on while there's breath left in our bodies. You don't get that with Gestapos and jackboots. You get that by being British. So come on, Adolf. We're ready for you

It sounds like you were banned for annoying an admin. Doesn't matter if an admin was on at the time or not, we read the chat. I'd be careful with your attitude in this appeal as it seems you are being quite defensive and speaking to other players with rudeness. For example "you toss off." I cannot tell who you were addressing with this comment. I also do not know exactly what you mean by using it.

You didn't stop after LikableDruid asked you to stop, but tested words few times after that. That's why I banned you.
    If you don't see how annoying your chat testing was, then I think its best that the ban stays.
    Allons-y!

Quote Originally Posted by KlevrKrafter View Post
    It sounds like you were banned for annoying an admin. Doesn't matter if an admin was on at the time or not, we read the chat. I'd be careful with your attitude in this appeal as it seems you are being quite defensive and speaking to other players with rudeness. For example "you toss off." I cannot tell who you were addressing with this comment. I also do not know exactly what you mean by using it.
    Toss off is a term I use, it basically means go away. I said this originally because I thought it was some kid using profanity and saying he was testing the chat filter, I will hold me hand up and say it was quite rude to say that. Also it was 1:20 AM