Thread: About Jacowen's temp ban

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

About Jacowen's temp ban

Yes, I know it's a temp ban, yes, I know it's expired, but it still won't stop me from complaining about what seemed like a rollercoaster ride to find the real reason Jacowen was banned.

So for those who hadn't a clue about what happened, I'll fill you in. If you do have a clue, you can skip this paragraph but it might be worth your time to read it anyway. So all of this went down on discord when me, Swix and Jaco where chatting away. Then Jaco said "anyway I need two commands in the serverz, I need /op and /nick" this was very obviously a joke, I asked about who had seen Mark lately (apparently he was on just before all this) Toppana then said "and Jaco, you can be glad I'm the one reading discord chat mostly" I had not a clue what this meant at the time. We then joked about campaigning for Jaco to become OP then Toppana said "That's it. I know you are joking but that still wont stop me from using this command I havent used ever on this server" Okay, I got on the server to see what it was, turns out it was the temp ban command. I at the time thought this was a joke, although it did seem awkward that the temp ban seemed that long, but still I joked about a ban appeal.

On the next day (I think) I saw Toppana on the server and asked why Jaco was banned, Toppana said that it was that he didn't like what he saw, Jacowen did say some stuff that was a bit odd and might be taken offensively (altough I really didn't see how,) so I thought it was that. Jacowen had set up a server to play on while he was waiting for the ban to expire, and Toppana was on. I didn't see what happened but apparently Toppana said it was because he was talking about becoming OP. It is not against the rules to joke about being OP (and Toppana clearly knew it was a joke.) The actual rule is to ASK for OP, I'm pretty sure she did not ASK to become OP. Once I heard this I doubted what I heard, Toppana clearly knew this was a joke but it still got the ban hammer out.

The ban has expired, FANTASTIC, but I still think this situation shouldn't be ignored because it was a communication disaster. I really hope admins don't actually perm ban people for this, I really really hope not. Anyway, this was probably a waste of time to type as it does not really change anything, but I still wanted to get this out. Who knows what will happen next, maybe I will be banned for writing this, but I simply cannot let this slide. Bye bye
    Last edited by MrRockboy222; 11-12-2016 at 09:36 AM. Reason: I put should instead of shouldn't
    We have an unbreakable spirit to win. A bulldog tenacity that will help us to hang on while there's breath left in our bodies. You don't get that with Gestapos and jackboots. You get that by being British. So come on, Adolf. We're ready for you